The fifth CSIR Conference takes place from 8-9 October this year. Part of the programme includes the CSIR’s fifth Emerging Researchers Symposium on 8 October, which aims to:
- Showcase the outstanding research being done by emerging researchers;
- Provide a platform for researchers to network; and
- Encourage knowledge sharing among our emerging scientists, engineers and technologists.
The event made its debut in 2010 at the CSIR’s Biennial Conference and has since become an annual event. Emerging researchers are encouraged to take part in the event through oral or poster presentations. The theme for the 2015 symposium is “Ideas that work”.
CSIR staff members in either of the following categories will be presenting their work:
- Individuals in the CSIR studentship and post-doctoral programmes.
- Current recipients of the Young Researcher Establishment Fund (YREF).
- Graduates aged 35 and younger.